Final Collection Weekend is November18-19
The mission of Operation Christmas Child is to demonstrate God's love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ. First Assembly of God invites you to partner with us to send thousands of Shoe Boxes full of gifts!
"From earthquake-ravaged Haiti to war-scarred Sudan, I have seen firsthand the hope and joy that simple shoe box gifts bring to children around the world." Franklin Graham
HOW TO PACK A SHOE BOX GIFT:
1. SHOE BOX: Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. BOY or GIRL: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child's age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Use the appropriate boy/girl label and mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. FILL WITH GIFTS: Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child: Toys, school supplies, hygiene items, hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy). Other items: t-shirts, sunglasses, hair clips, flashlight (with extra batteries) are acceptable, too. You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family.
Do not include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins, breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
4. INCLUDE $7 DONATION: Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our "Follow Your Box Donation" option, or you can write a check to Samaritan's Purse (note "OCC" on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
5. DROP OFF: Place a rubber band around each closed shoe box and drop it off at First Assembly, at information tables in the Sanctuary Foyer, during service times: Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday.
You can also send your shoe box gift to:
Operation Christmas Child
801 Bamboo Road
Boone, NC 28607
Click here to visit the official Operation Christmas Child Website